Loved Twice is the JLOEB's new community partner! Through this partnership, JLOEB will help this organization develop an infrastructure to allow them to double their impact over the next few years.
Loved Twice clothes newborns from low-income families with gently used baby clothing for their first year of life. Community volunteers collect baby clothing, sort these precious garments into boy and girl wardrobes-in-a-box, and distribute the boxes through licensed social workers in hospitals, shelters and clinics. Each baby receives approximately 75 items, including newborn onesies, sleepers, hats, booties, books and a soft warm blanket.
Loved Twice Committee Needs Donations
The Junior League of Oakland-East Bay, Inc. is proud to support Loved Twice. Our Fall donations drive and December 13 sorting event will be a special opportunity to see first-hand how much of an impact our League can make into the community just in time for the holidays. Plus, members earn a Point Towards A Star for a donated bag of baby clothes!
Thank you in advance for your donation and sorting efforts. We appreciate your dedication to making our December sorting event a success, and we look forward to seeing the piles of clothes ready to sort on December 13!
Donations and Sorting:
- Fill a grocery bag, or similar, with gently used (or new) baby clothes in sizes 0-12 months ONLY - focus on onesies, pants, and sleepers. Blankets, hats, socks, bibs and board books are needed, too. All baby clothes need to be washed, folded, and free of stains. We do not need other items like strollers, high chairs, or hygiene items.
- Label your bag(s) with your name, and note if the clothes are for a baby girl, baby boy, or both.
- Drop off your bag(s) at one of the collection locations (see below) before December 13. You can also bring them to the December 13 General Meeting, although we’d prefer them earlier if possible.
No Clothes On Hand to Donate?
Perhaps you don’t have children close to the age of 1, or perhaps you have already cleaned out that closet? Please consider supporting some of the consignment stores that have supported the Junior League in our effort to collect baby clothing by purchasing items for the drive from them. Please also mention to them that you are from the Junior League.
- A Wee Change - 1551 Palos Verdes Mall Walnut Creek, CA (925) 930-8442 www.aweechange.com
- CarlaPie Baby and Kids - 109F Town and Country Drive Danville, CA (92) 552-9946http://www.carlapie.com
- They Grow So Fast - 3413 Mt. Diablo Blvd. Lafayette, CA (925) 283-8976http://www.theygrowsofast.com
- Red Wagon (retail store) - 3535A Mt. Diablo Blvd. Lafayette, CA (925) 962-1450http://redwagonkids.com
We will be collecting the donations at these locations up until our sorting event on December 13.
- CarlaPie Baby and Kids : 109F Town and Country Drive in Danville. (925) 552-9946
- Red Wagon: 3535A Mt. Diablo Blvd. in Lafayette. (925) 962-1450
- JLOEB office (during office hours): 3730 Mount Diablo Blvd. Suite # 345 in Lafayette. (925) 284-3740
- Members can create a drop-off location (perhaps at your office or child's school) and earn a Point Towards A Star .
Answers to FAQs:
- Donation receipts can be found on the Loved Twice website
- Friends and family are invited to help sort at the December 13 General Meeting /Event. RSVP HERE
- If you have already donated, we know who you are and you will receive credit
- If friends and family donate and mark their bag(s) with your name, you will get credit