The General Election is November 3, 2020!
All California voters will be sent a vote-by-mail ballot with prepaid postage for the General Election. To make sure you get your ballot, please double-check your voter registration information at voterstatus.sos.ca.gov.
For voters unable to take advantage of vote-by-mail, you can still visit your local polling place for safe in-person voting and same-day registration.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to have your ballot mailed directly to your home!
Additional County Voting Information:
Alameda County: https://my.lwv.org/california/oakland/voter-election-resources
Election Volunteer Opportunities
JLOEB members are encouraged to participate in pre-election and voting day volunteer opportunities. Shift credits will be awarded for participation.
Get Out the Vote Opportunities with the League of Women Voters (LWV):
The League of Women Voters modified their voter services outreach this year due to Covid-19. The Berkeley/Albany/Emeryville chapter of LWV is offering virtual and in-person/socially distanced volunteer opportunities leading up to the election. Some of these opportunities may require volunteers to attend planning meetings. Non-LWV members are welcome.
- LWV BAE (Berkeley/Albany/Emeryville):
Currently, volunteers are needed for the following projects:
- Community Outreach: Reaching out to community groups/orgs and offering to connect them with our different events and resources. Scripts and guidance will be provided!
- Drop-off materials
- Bike Caravan
- Media Design: Video editing, poster design, swag design (t-shirts, buttons, stickers, etc.)
- Candidate Forum and Pro/Con Forum Volunteers
If you are interested in working on any of the above projects, please email email@example.com
and we’ll connect you with the Voter Service Coordinator at LWV BAE.
Write letters to registered citizens who do not vote
Vote Forward is a 501 (c) 3 non-partisan organization looking for volunteers who would like to write letters to registered citizens who do not vote. Writing short, personal messages encouraging nonvoters to vote is proven to be a highly effective method of boosting voter turnout. Interested parties must register on the Vote Forward site. Once your account is approved, you’ll receive additional instructions. All letters must be mailed by Saturday October 17th. https://votefwd.org/vote-forward-instructions.pdf
Help Protect Our Election
Common Cause California and Election Protection
Where: Counties across CA
California Common Cause is seeking nonpartisan Election Protection volunteers to help protect our democracy in the upcoming election as poll monitors, social media monitors, and text bankers. Work can be done in person and remotely. Learn more and sign up.
Poll Workers Needed on Election Day (Tuesday, November 3rd):
Interested members must register on their county website (below) and attend a mandatory training session. These shifts are in person.
- Alameda County: https://www.acvote.org/community/become-a-poll-worker
- Contra Costa County:
How To Earn Community Credits For Election Volunteer Shifts:
For virtual shifts:
After your shift: Complete the Election Volunteer Shift Proof of Completion form
For in-person shifts:
- JLOEB volunteers MUST complete the Volunteer Assumption of Risk, Waiver of Liability & COVID-19 Agreement prior to their shift and send a scan or picture of the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After your shift: Complete the Election Volunteer Shift Proof of Completion form