What is eScrip?
Since 1999, the eScrip program has distributed over $250 million to schools and youth organizations across the country. eScrip allows up to 4% of your grocery store and/or up to 5% with some retailer purchases to be donated to organizations like JLOEB. It DOES NOT require any additional spending on your part. It is simply a portion of what you already spend that gets donated to your designated organization. No special cards are needed.
For more information and to sign up: http://www.escrip.com
How does it help JLOEB?
The eScrip program will greatly help JLOEB by offsetting some of our expenses with funds we receive through this passive fundraiser! Our dues help support the JLOEB’s basic needs throughout the year but all the extra funds that we receive through the Annual Fund, Special Events and potentially eScrip allow us to give back to our community more through programs such as our end of the year Community Grants. You can designate up to four organizations, and your contributions will be evenly split between them.
If 100 members register their cards, and they spend an average of $400 per month at designated merchants -- that could bring in as much as $24,000 to JLOEB annually!
How does it work?
- You register any one or all of your existing grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards for use in the program.
- Participating merchants will make contributions to your chosen group, based on purchases made by you, just by using the cards you have registered.
- Your purchases are tracked and available to you online.
Where can I use it?
We all frequent many stores and merchants in the Bay Area that participate in the eScrip program. Chances are, you your friends and relatives already shop at one of these places!
- eScrip In-Store: Use your registered club/loyalty OR registered credit/debit cards at Safeway, American Airlines, Diablo Foods, Mollie Stone's, Lunardi's, SF Chronicle, Big O Tires, and Draeger's, to name a few.
- eScrip Online Mall: Shop the eScrip online mall, with favorite merchants like Amazon, Nordstrom, Apple Store, Expedia and J. Crew.
- eScrip dining: Use your registered credit and debit cards at participating restaurants, like Extreme Pizza and Jacks Bar & Restaurant, to further your donations to JLOEB.
How do I Register my Cards?
It's Quick and Easy. Simply open an account with e-Scrip and register your existing grocery, loyalty, debit and credit cards for use in the program. Should you not have a physical copy of your card, a quick email to that merchant's customer service department will get you the club card account number.
What other cards can be registered?
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and debit/ATM cards. Plus, you may list your friends and family's cards under your account.